Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chocolate Coconut Bird Nests

This afternoon I made some cute and super easy coconut bird nest treats. They were so easy and literally took 5 minutes to make.  The original recipe came from here. I adapted the recipe a little. This is how to make my version:
  • 1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (7-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
  • Handful of jelly beans or egg shaped candies (I used Whoppers Mini Robin Eggs)
  1. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave (about a minute for 2 cups). Stir in flaked coconut.
  2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon press out a hollow to form a nest.
  3. Divide candy egg pieces among the nests. Chill until firm, about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Looks very yummy I love chocolate and coconut! Thanks for linking up to my party.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete