Tuesday, March 1, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Fun

Its March so to get into the spirit of St. Patrick's Day we read a cute little book about leprechauns.

That's What Leprechauns Do by Eve Bunting

Its a great little read for St. Patty's Day about 3 leprechauns, their mischief and their pot of gold. It gives the reader a good idea of what a leprechaun is and that was great for us because Alex had no idea.  The illustrations by Emily Arnold McCully are very cute and whimsical too.

I also made him some St. Patty's Day play dough- green with gold glitter. I got the recipe and the great idea from Counting Coconuts. I've used this recipe a few times and it turns out great every time.



and we did some counting practice with a worksheet from Making Learning Fun.

Linking to:

Show and Tell @ ABC and 123
Fun For Kids Fridays
Read, Explore , Learn

4 comments:

  1. I love the St. Patty's day play doh! How fun! The glitter is such a fun idea!

    Love to have you link up to my new link party, For the Kids Fridays!
    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com
    :)rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog. So many great ideas!!

    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check the link below for the details.

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Love your site!
    :)rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the play dough with the glitter! We did fingerprint shamrock too under my Shamrock Apple post! Stopping over from sun scholars blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our clovers would end up with 10 leaves. The clover project is so cute.

    Thanks for linking to Read.Explore.Learn. I will have to look for the book.

    ReplyDelete