Monday, January 24, 2011

Valentine Fun

Today was -20 degrees with the wind chill (no exaggeration) so we stayed in and did some St. Valentine's Day activities.

I finally got around to making Alex a Valentine Sensory Box. It was a big hit, especially the mini mailbox.
It has cotton balls. red pom poms, some small red and pink heart containers from Target dollar section, mini mailbox from Target dollar section, and some little heart links from the party section at the Dollar Tree. I also made a little envelope with a pink craft foam heart inside to fit in the mailbox. Total cost to make $3. 


We did a crayon resist Valentine painting. I drew a few hearts on a piece of pink construction paper with a white crayon and let Alex paint them with some watered down red paint.




And we did a Valentine heart sorting printable from Musings of Me.

3 comments:

  1. What great Valentine's activities! I love the crayon resist hearts. I think the watered down paint worked really well. I used watercolor paints when we did one and it didn't work so well. I'll have to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is cold! Much better to stay indoors and play. We have done a similar thing with the crayon resist hearts and loved how they turned out. And I love your cute little mail box - we don't have them in the UK. Thanks for sharing all these ideas with us at the Play Academy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the crayon resist picture! It came out so nicely!!

    ReplyDelete